Who we are
Sourceful exists to provide better solutions for the planet by working with businesses looking to reduce their carbon footprint through smarter packaging. We are VC-backed (Index Ventures, Eka and Coatue) and most recently raised $20m in 2021.
About the role
As a fast-growing business with a purpose, we work quickly (but thoughtfully) and are looking for self-starters who can manage their own workload and shift priorities on a day-to-day basis.
This is true for the Senior Software Engineer role, and you will be happy to take responsibility for developing and maintaining high-quality software solutions using the Python programming language.
The role will involve designing, implementing, and maintaining scalable and efficient product information management (PIM) software systems. This includes writing clean, well-documented code, and collaborating with other team members to ensure that all software solutions are of the highest quality.
What will your days look like
- Designing, developing and maintaining efficient, scalable high-quality applications
- Participating in, and/or leading design reviews with peers and stakeholders
- Reviewing code developed by other developers and providing feedback to ensure best practices (e.g., style guidelines, pull requests, accuracy, testability, and efficiency).
- Mentoring and providing guidance to junior team members
- Troubleshooting and debugging complex issues
- Contributing to existing documentation or educational content and adapting content based on product/program updates and user feedback
Who are you
Our goal is to build a mission-driven environment for top talent with a desire to do their best work. To that end, we are flexible on your experience and specific skill sets. However, we would generally expect to see those who are:
- Able to demonstrate extensive knowledge of Python and its core libraries, as well as experience with popular frameworks such as FastAPI, Django, Flask
- Able to demonstrate experience working with cloud environments such as Google Cloud Platform or AWS
- Able to demonstrate you have a proven portfolio of previous Python-based projects
- Able to you are experienced in implementing microservice architectures (API and event-driven )
- Able to demonstrate you’re comfortable working with SQL and other database technologies
- Able to demonstrate experience with a wide variety of testing tools and techniques, such as Locust
- Able to demonstrate you are comfortable with Docker and Kubernetes, as well as building could-native applications
- Able to demonstrate you’ve worked in a Scrum/Agile project lifecycle before
- Able to demonstrate you're an excellent communicator and relationship builder: you're able to share your ideas clearly, and you're experienced in building relationships cross-functionally.
We want to see you thrive
We believe all of our people are capable of achieving great things here, but in order to do so we want to make sure we’re providing the right support when we can:
- Private Healthcare
- A flexible working model
- Remote working budget
- Financial support for personal / career development programs
- Opportunity to join a high-growth company at an early stage